Q1. What is ‘Activate!’?
‘Activate!’ is a value added program offered by EZ-Link upon registration of your ez-link cards that lets you enjoy the following value added services:
- Free card blocking service should you lose your ez-link card
- Tracking of card transaction history
- Free lost card coverage program which protects you for up to S$15 should there be unauthorized usage of the ez-link card after you have reported it lost.
Q2. What is an ez-link CAN?
The ez-link CAN is the 16 digit number starting with “100X XXXX XXXX XXXX” found engraved/imprinted on the reverse side of your ez-link card.
Q3. Can I enjoy the benefits of ‘Activate!’ with my concession card or other CEPAS compliant cards?
No. Concession cards (students, senior citizens, NSmen, etc.) which are issued by LTA and other CEPAS card(s) not issued by EZ-Link cannot be registered for ‘Activate!’.
Q5. Who can sign up for ‘Activate!’?
All ez-link card holders with a valid NRIC or FIN number can sign up. Please note that passport numbers are not accepted.
Q6. How do I ‘Activate!’ my card to enjoy the benefits?
Simply click here and register your ez-link card with your personal details to do so. Alternatively, you may download the EZ-Link app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play to register your card as well.
Q7. Why do you need my personal information?
Under the ‘Activate!’ program, there are 3 services offered to our registered members. For EZ-Manage, you are able to block your card when you lose it. As such, we need your particulars so as to rightfully refund the remaining value back to you only if we have your details and able to verify that you are the rightful owner of the lost ez-link card.
Q8. Are my personal information safe with EZ-Link?
EZ-Link takes the confidentiality of the personal details of our customers seriously.
Q9. How many cards can I register for ‘Activate!’ at any one time?
You may register up to 3 cards for the ‘Activate!’ program.
Q10. What if I have more than 3 ez-link cards that I want to register for?
Currently our system only caters for 3 ez-link cards to be registered per person. We will be looking at adding more should the need arise in the future.
Q11. Are there any charges involved when I register for ‘Activate!’?
No, signing up and using ‘Activate!’ is absolutely free. You are however responsible for any data use charges when you use our EZ-Link app.
Q13. How do I check my previous transaction records?
You can do so upon signing into your account.
Q14. How many transaction records are kept in the system?
Your past 90 transaction records are kept with us.
Q15. How do I block my card if I have lost it?
Simply call our customer support at 6496 8300 between 0800-1800 (operates daily except on PH). During non-operating hours, you can still leave us a voice mail and we will contact you within the next working day. In your voice mail, please tell us your name, contact number and ez-link card CAN ID (which can be found by logging into ‘Activate!’ and clicking on “My Cards”).
Q16. How long does it take to block my ez-link card after I have reported it lost?
Your card will be blocked within 48 hours from the date/time of loss report. We seek your understanding; as the ez-link card is a stored value card, we are unable to block the card from immediate usage at time of loss report. As such, we are unable to guarantee that any or all remaining value can be recovered or refunded.
Q17. How will the remaining funds in my blocked card be refunded to me?
Once we complete blocking of your card, any remaining funds recovered will be refunded to you via crediting to another ez-link card of your choice. Here are the steps to request for a refund;
- After your report loss/theft of your card to EZ-Link, we will send you an acknowledgement email.
- File a police report on the loss/stolen card and send a copy to EZ-Link within 7 days after you have reported the card loss. Simply reply us via our acknowledgement email.
- Nominate another ez-link card which has been registered in ‘Activate!’ portal within 7 days, to receive the refund.
- We will notify you of the refund status via email, after which you may visit any AXS stations, OCBC ATMs or log on to My EZ-Link Mobile app to credit the refund to your nominated card.
Please be informed that the lost report will be processed from the date/time of customer reporting to EZ-Link Customer Service Hotline after signing up for the ‘Activate!’ programme. The calculation for refund will be based on the recorded lost reporting date/time, and not before.
Q18. What am I covered under the lost card coverage?
It protects you against unauthorized usage of the stored value in your registered ez-link card, from the time you’ve reported a loss, to the time the card is blocked. We will refund to you any unauthorized usage on the card, up to a maximum limit of $15 per customer per year.
Q19. What do you mean by unauthorized usage?
Unauthorized usage refers to usage of the stored value in your registered ez-link card, by an unknown third party, after you’ve reported your card as lost or stolen to EZ-Link.
Q20. How do I apply/register for lost card coverage?
Lost card coverage is a complimentary coverage for customers who have registered for ‘Activate!’.
Q21. Are there any eligibility requirements for lost card coverage?
To be eligible for lost card coverage, you must be residing in Singapore and your ez-link cards must be registered for ‘Activate!’.
Q22. How many times a year can I make a claim?
You can only make one claim within each year (starting from the lost card coverage activation date), regardless of the number of cards you have registered in ‘Activate!’.
Q23. How do I make my claims when I lose my ez-link card?
Simply call our customer support at 6496 8300 between 0800 to 1800 hrs (operates daily except on PH) to report loss or theft of your card. During the call, inform us that you intent to make a claim under the EZ-Protect program. Once we complete blocking of your card, any remaining funds recovered will be refunded to you via crediting to another EZ-Link card of your choice. Here are the steps to request for a refund;
- After you report loss/ theft of your card to EZ-Link, we will send you an acknowledgement email.
- File a police report on the loss/ stolen card and send a copy to EZ-Link within 7 days after you have reported the card loss. Simply reply us via our acknowledgement email.
- Nominate another EZ-Link card which has been registered in Activate! Portal within 7 days, to receive the refund.
- We will notify you of the refund status via email, after which you may visit any AXS stations, OCBC ATMs or log on to My EZ-Link Mobile app to credit the refund to your nominated card
Q24. How long will the entire refund process take?
The entire refund process will take up to 21 days, provided that all the requirements are met.