You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (and as varied from time to time) in order to enjoy the benefits of the ‘Activate!’ Programme.
- EZ-Link’s ‘Activate!’ Programme (“ACTIVATE!”) is operated by EZ-Link Pte Ltd (“EZ-Link”) and is available to ez-link cardholders. “Programme Participants” are organizations or merchants which extend a benefit, discount or other offer to users of the Programme.
- ACTIVATE! Programme is offered by EZ-Link at its sole discretion and is available only to valid ez-link cardholders.
EZ-Link may amend these terms and conditions, as well as vary, suspend or terminate the ACTIVATE! Programme at any time and for any reason, without prior notice to you. We will post any changes to these terms and conditions on the ACTIVATE! Programme web site. You should therefore review the terms and conditions periodically for changes, and your continued use of the ACTIVATE! Programme shall constitute acceptance of any changes to the terms and conditions, or the the ACTIVATE! Programme.
The ACTIVATE! Programme consists of different benefits, privileges and services, and specific terms and conditions apply to each. You are advised to read them carefully.
- To qualify for the ACTIVATE! Programme, you will need to register as a Member. You can do so via the following channels:
- through the EZ-Link Mobile App which you can download onto your iPhone or Android smart phone; or
- through our online portal at www.ezlinkactivate.com.sg.
- You may also opt to do a partial registration at participating merchants’ payment terminals. However, the partial registration is only valid for a one-time redemption of benefit/discount from the particular merchant, and does not entitle you to the full suite of benefits under the ACTIVATE! Programme.
- You may register up to 3 ez-link cards at any point in time under the ACTIVATE! Programme. You may register or deregister your card at any time via the EZ-Link Mobile App or at our online portal. You agree that you will register cards which belong to you. Only cards which are registered are eligible for the benefits under the ACTIVATE! Programme.
Card Blocking for Lost Card
- You are entitled to enjoy our Card Blocking service for lost cards which have been registered under the ACTIVATE! Programme. If your card is lost or stolen, you may request for your card to be blocked and any remaining stored value to be refunded to you.
- Please note that as the card is a stored value card, it is not possible to block the card from immediate use at the point of loss reporting. As such, the Card Blocking is on a “best effort” basis, and we do not warrant that any or all remaining stored value will be recovered and refunded. We will not be responsible for any usage or deduction of stored value on your card pending the completion of the Card Blocking process.
- Before making the loss report, we advise that you should be sure that your card is lost or otherwise not recoverable. Once the card is blocked, it will be permanently invalidated and cannot be re-activated or used even if the lost card is recovered. We only provide a card blocking service and we will not provide you with any replacement card for any lost or stolen card. Please call our customer hotline at 6496 8300 to make your card loss report.
- You will also need to file a police report and submit it to email@example.com within 7 days after you report the card loss before we can proceed with the refund of the remaining stored value of the lost cards. If we fail to receive the police report within 7 days, your refund request will be terminated automatically.
- For your protection, you will be asked to provide verification of personal information provided during your registration of the ACTIVATE! Programme. We will not accept any loss report if the verification details do not match the personal information previously provided.
- You will need to nominate a pre-existing ez-link card registered with the ACTIVATE! Programme or to register a new ez-link card with the ACTIVATE! Programme to enable the refund within 7 days. We will notify you on the status of the Card Blocking within 1 month from the date you nominate or register a replacement card.
- Upon notification by us, you will need to proceed to any AXS Station to tap and update/synchronize your nominated card to complete the transfer of recovered stored value from your lost card(s) onto your new card. You will need to update/synchronize your card at any AXS Station to complete the transfer of remaining stored value within 90 days failing which your claim will expire and have no further right to claim the refund of the remaining stored value. Information on convenient locations of AXS Stations are available at www.axs.com.sg.
- If you are also a customer of our EZ-Reload by Card or EZ-Reload by GIRO facility, the terms and conditions applicable to the respective facilities will still apply. Please refer to www.ezlink.com.sg on the terms and conditions applicable, including your rights and obligation relating to blocking of lost cards. Please note that for EZ-Reload by Card or EZ-Reload by GIRO customers, any recovered stored value recovered will be refunded instead back to your credit/debit card account or bank account, as the case may be. However, EZ-Reload by Card or EZ-Reload by GIRO customers would still have to register or nominate another ez-link card with the ACTIVATE! Programme to continue enjoying the ACTIVATE! Programme benefits and if they invoke their right to the free insurance cover.
Complimentary Insurance Cover
- Upon registration for the ACTIVATE! Programme, you will automatically be extended complimentary insurance cover from Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited* to protect you against unauthorized usage on your registered card that has been reported lost. The cover is up to $10.00 of unauthorized usage, and you may only make one insurance claim per policy year in relation to one of your registered ez-link cards . Please call our customer hotline at 6496 8300 to make your loss report and to invoke the insurance claim for the lost card. You will also need to file a police report and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days after you report the card loss before we can proceed with the insurance claim.
- Your personal information will be shared with Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited* to enable them to issue you the certificate of insurance and also for the purpose of or in connection with the marketing or promotion of any services or products or investigating any complaint or dealing with any query relating to the marketing or promotion of any services or products.
- If you choose not to enjoy the complimentary insurance cover, please uncheck to opt out from the Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited* complimentary insurance cover during your registration.
- Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited* reserves the right to withdraw the complimentary insurance cover at any time by giving 1 month’s notice.
- Members will be entitled to view the detailed transaction history for registered cards displayed, which are for 90 transactions up to the past 2 months. While we strive to make the information as accurate as possible, this is subject to information updated or accurately provided by merchants and/or public transport operators. We do not warrant the accuracy of any information provided under the ACTIVATE! Programme.
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information provided will not be disclosed to third parties. We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
- We may for the purposes of marketing offers provided by merchants send you such offers via SMS, emails, letters or telephone calls. We will however, not provide any personal information to these merchants unless you have agreed to do so, except for the enabling the complimentary insurance cover by Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited* to you.
- We may also contact you from time to time to inform you of new products and services offered by EZ-Link.
- By registering for the ACTIVATE! Programme or otherwise using the benefits provided, you are deemed to have agreed that:
- you are the owner of the card(s) that you intend to register for the service;
- you are aware that the Transaction History may not be accurate or up-to-date due to delays, omissions, inaccuracies or other problems;
- all information and data provided is on an “as in” basis and you rely on information provided at your own risk;
- all information and data provided is not to be used as evidence or transport claim purposes
- save as expressly stated, we make no warranties, express or implied regarding the ACTIVATE! Programme or information provided; and
- EZ-Link shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from the providing of the services under the ACTIVATE! Programme or failure of availability of the services under the Activate! Programme.
*With effect from 1 May 2016, ACE Insurance Limited is now known as Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited.