(A) Overview on the EZ-Link SG50 Art Competition
1. What is the EZ-Link SG50 Card Design Art Competition about?
Titled ‘My Journey, My Home’, this is an art competition organized by EZ-Link with the support of National Arts Council (NAC) and Dyslexia Association of Singapore (DAS) in celebration of SG50. We seek for participants to depict what SG50 means to them. 4 winning designs will be printed on 200,000 ez-link cards available to the public as a meaningful collectible to commemorate Singapore’s 50th birthday.
EZ-Link will pledge part of the sales proceeds of these cards to DAS, in support of children with dyslexia and to help them to achieve their fullest potential and be a part of Singapore’s prosperity and growth beyond 50 years.
2. What is the theme of the Art Competition?
The theme is ‘My Journey, My Home’.
3. Who is eligible to take part in this art competition?
4. How long does this art competition run for?
This competition is open from 2nd February 2015 to 31st March 2015.
5. How do I register for this competition?
Registration is done via 2 different channels depending on the category which you fall in.
For the DAS Category: 1) Download the registration form at ezlink.com.sg/happenings/sg50 OR das.org.sg 2) Submit your fully completed registration form with a soft copy of your art piece to DAS-EZLink@das.org.sg
DAS Artists may submit their artwork to their respective DAS Learning Centres or to DAS Main Office.
Email submissions can be sent to: DAS-EZLink@das.org.sg
Submission of artwork to DAS or for more information
Dyslexia Association of Singapore DAS EZ-Link Art Competition 1 Jurong West Central 2 Email: DAS-EZLink@das.org.sg #05-01, Jurong Point Web: www.das.org.sg Singapore 648886 Phone: 6444 5700
6. What do I stand to win?
There will be 1 grand winner from each category (A, B, C and D) who will have their chosen designs printed on ez-link cards for sale island-wide as part of this EZ-Link SG50 Card Design Art Competition ez-link card series.
Furthermore, there will be a total of 20 designs chosen from the pool of entries for the ‘Best of Show’ category who will receive a token of appreciation.
(B) Artwork Submission & Guidelines
1. What are some guidelines for my artwork submission?
- All artwork(s) must be original, created by the artist, and follow the competition’s theme.
- Artwork(s) can be created in any medium (drawing, painting, photography etc.) as long as it can be reproduced in 2D format.
- Artwork(s) can be presented in either landscape or portrait, and should be proportional to an ez-link card size (8.5cm x 5.4cm) to retain the dimensions of the artwork. The final product will be reduced to an ez-link card size (8.5cm x 5.4cm).
- Artwork(s) must be submitted in digital format (.jpg or.png) and must be no larger than 2MB each. Artists are responsible for the image(s)’ resolution and the artwork(s) will be judged according to the quality of the image received.
- DAS Artists may also submit their original artworks to their respective DAS Learning Centres or to the DAS Main Office.
- Artwork(s) must not contain explicit language or offensive material. The organisers have full discretion and hold the right to refuse approval of any artwork that is deemed inappropriate or outside the competition parameters.
- Any artwork found not to be original or that infringes the rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal, confidentiality or proprietary rights, will be disqualified.
2. How many submissions can I make for the competition?
Each artist is limited to a maximum of three (3) submissions only. Artist may submit a single application form for all 3 works. Artist may insert new rows to the registration form to describe individual artworks.
3. How will the entries be judged?
All entries will be judged by a panel of 5 comprising of representatives from EZ-Link, National Arts Council, Dyslexia Association of Singapore, SG50 Programme Office and an esteemed art personality. Art pieces will be judged on their relevance to the theme of the competition, creativity, originality, artistic appeal and suitability for an ez-link card reproduction.
4. When and how will the winners be announced?
Results of the competition will be announced before June 2015. Winners will be informed via their registered emails and results of the competition will also be published on our website at http://home.ezlink.com.sg/happenings/sg50
[UPDATE] Winners will be announced in early August during a media event. Winners will be notified individually.
5. Dimensions of your Artwork:
The final artwork will be reduced to an EZ-Link card size (8.5cm x 5.4cm).
Maximum Artwork Size: A4 page (29.7cm x 21cm) * Minimum Artwork Size: 9cm x 6cm (Yellow Box) Actual EZ-Link Card Size: Pink Box with dotted lines (8.5 x 5.4)
Safety Zone: All important drawings, words and information should be in this area. (Blue Box) Note the Artwork should extend to through to the Yellow section
* We recommend you use A4 paper for your artwork. To maintain the ez-link card dimensions leave a 2cm gap at the long end of your page. See the green page below – 2cm area where no artwork to be placed.
1. Who should I contact if I have more questions about the competition?
For more information, please visit here.
For enquiries on the competition, members of the public can call EZ-Link’s customer service hotline at 6496 8300. Operational hours are from Monday-Sunday, 8am to 6pm, excluding Public Holidays.
Alternatively, please email all queries to email@example.com.