(A) Overview on the ‘Travel with your Superhero’ campaign
1. What is the ‘Travel with your Superhero’ campaign about?
It is an EZ-Link campaign that began on 1 April 2015 running till 31 December 2017 to appreciate ez-link cardholders for their support and to inject fresh excitement for our card-holders.
As part of this campaign, cardholders with cards expiring anytime before 31 December 2017 can get a Special Justice League ez-link card at all 48 TransitLink Ticket Offices* island-wide throughout the campaign period at a subsidized cost of $3, while stocks last.
The payment of $3 can only be made with deductions from the stored value remaining in the old expiring card**.
Designs of the 10 Special Justice League ez-link Cards. Available at all TransitLink Ticket Offices, while stocks last.
*For a complete list of TransitLink Ticket Offices locations, please refer to: http://www.transitlink.com.sg/PSdetail.aspx?ty=art&Id=107
**In the event that your old card has already expired and has less than $3 inside, the deduction can be made from another valid ez-link card.
Locations for sales of the Special Justice League ez-link cards and availability of designs shall be at EZ-Link’s discretion, which may be subjected to change without prior notice. Expiring card refers to cards expiring before 31 December 2016.
2. What about the exchange for free ez-link cards prior to this campaign?
Free exchange of ez-link cards has not been available since April 2015. We have now made available the Special Justice League ez-link cards at a subsidized cost of $3 for cardholders with any expiring ez-link cards before 31 December 2017.
3. When was the last time the public had to get new ez-link cards?
The last time the public had to get new ez-link cards was during 2009, when CEPAS cards were introduced to replace older generation ez-link cards. The last exercise was conducted by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as it was a nationwide change in card standards that required every commuter to switch to a new generation CEPAS card regardless of when their cards were expiring.
4. Why is EZ-Link running this campaign?
EZ-Link is always looking at ways of thanking our loyal customers and to inject fresh excitement for our card-holders. Apart from offering our cardholders with the Special Justice League ez-link cards at a low cost of $3, we will also like our customers to find out more about EZ-Link’s value-added services, such as the EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up), the ‘Activate!’ programme which offers free card blocking service and free card insurance, as well as the My EZ-Link Mobile App that uses Near Field Communications (NFC) to top-up ez-link card and track transactions.
5. Will EZ-Link continue to offer the Special Justice League cards after 31 December 2017?
This campaign is for a limited period. We are not able to provide any further information at this point in time about future campaigns. However, at EZ-Link, we seek to deliver value to all of our cardholders on an on-going basis.
(B) Card Eligibility
1. How do I know if my ez-link card qualifies for the campaign?
All Adult ez-link cards expiring before 31 December 2017 will qualify for the Special Justice League card at $3. There are several ways you can check the expiry date of your ez-link cards:
A) From your card top-up receipts (refer to table below)
B) At Add Value Machines and General Ticketing Machines
- Place your ez-link card on the card reader and select ‘Card Details’ option for Add Value Machine or ‘Check Card’ option for General Ticketing Machine.
C) Via My EZ-Link Mobile Application (only for owners of selected Near Field Communications (NFC) Android handsets)
- Download the app from Google Play store
- Tap your ez-link card on your NFC phone to view the expiry date
Existing channels to check for card expiry are as follow:
In addition, you can also check the card expiry date via our EZ-Link Customer Portal:
– Visit our Customer Portal and enter your 16 digit CAN number found on the back of your card.
2. What if my ez-link card is expiring after 31 December 2017?
The current campaign is only for ez-link cards that are expiring up till 31 December 2017. We will announce any further plans in the due future.
3. What kinds of ez-link cards qualify for this campaign?
Only CEPAS-compliant Adult Anonymous ez-link cards qualify for the campaign. If you have a faulty ez-link card, please approach any TransitLink Ticket Office for assistance.
The types of ez-link cards which are not eligible include:
- PAssion cards
- Bank co-brand credit or debit cards (Eg. EZ-Link Imagine American Express® Prepaid Card, FEVO Prepaid MasterCard®)
- Corporate cards
- ez-link cards with passes components (Singapore Tourist Pass, Integrated Season Pass)
- Refunded ez-link cards
- Single trip ticket cards
- Sony ez-link cards
In addition, holders of concession cards and NETS FlashPay cards are also not eligible for the campaign.
Customers with Adult Anonymous ez-link cards that are tied to the EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) facility are encouraged to purchase the Special Justice League Card during this campaign and apply EZ-Reload (ATU) again for their new card. Note that EZ-Reload (ATU) will not be terminated for your old card. You may use it till its expiry date.
The issuance of new cards for expiring PAssion ez-link cards and bank co-brand credit or debit cards (with EZ-Link function) will be managed by the respective banks and issuing organizations.
4. What if my card is on EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up)?
Customers with ez-link cards on EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) are eligible for the purchase of the Special Justice League ez-link cards. Please note that EZ-Reload (ATU) will not be disabled on your old card and you can continue to use it till expiry. You are highly encouraged to apply for EZ-Reload (ATU) for your new card to continue uninterrupted service.
5. Will I still receive a free ez-link card with EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) applied for me via mail if my card expires before 31 December 2017?
No, customers on EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) with cards expiring before 31 December 2016 are now eligible for the purchase of Special Justice League ez-link cards at a subsidized cost of $3. You are highly encouraged to apply for EZ-Reload (ATU) on your new card purchased. You can continue to use your expiring card to continue to enjoy the EZ-Reload (ATU) service until the card’s expiry date.
6. Why is my Concession Card not eligible for this campaign?
The campaign is only applicable to cards issued by EZ-Link. Concession cards are issued by the Land Transport Authority to enable concessionary fare travel.
7. Why is my NETS FlashPay card not eligible for this campaign?
NETS FlashPay cards are not issued by EZ-Link Pte Ltd.
(C) Campaign Benefits
1. What benefits do I enjoy by getting a new ez-link card in place of my old one?
By getting a new ez-link card, you will get to enjoy the following:
- Free Card Protection under the ‘Activate!’ programme.
Cardholders have to ‘Activate!’ your free card protection at www.ezlinkactivate.com.sg or via the EZ-Link Mobile App, which can be downloaded via the App Store or Google Play Store. Once you have registered, we can block your card within 48 hours to prevent loss of monies should your card be stolen or lost.
If you want immediate protection on the stored value in your ez-link card instead of waiting for 48 hours, you can also opt for the free card insurance offered by ACE insurance in partnership with EZ–Link, which protects you up to $10 should there be unauthorised usage of the ez-link card after you have reported it lost.
2. Will I get the above benefits immediately upon getting my new ez-link card?
3. Why do I need to register?
By registering, we will be able to verify your identity to rightfully block your lost card and refund you the remaining monies in it.
(D) About the Campaign
1. Who is eligible for this campaign?
Cardholders with an Adult Anonymous ez-link card that is expiring before 31 December 2017 are eligible for this campaign.
2. Why do I have to pay $3 for the Special Justice League ez-link card?
The Special Justice League ez-link cards are now offered at the subsidised rate of only $3 on a while-stocks-last basis to let our customers have a new and refreshing design without paying the full price for a new generic card (U.P. $12).
3. What if my ez-link card is not readable and I am unable to find out the expiry date?
We will automatically provide you with a new card in place of your old card if it is faulty or not readable. However, as we are unable to read the balance of your card immediately, we will need to process your card to refund you the amount within 14 days.
4. My expired card has less than $3 left, can I pay the difference to purchase the Special Justice League in cash?
Cash payments are not accepted. The payment of $3 can only be made with deductions from the stored value remaining in the old expiring card. In the case of expired cards with less than $3 remaining value, another valid ez-link card can be used to make the payment.
5. Is there stored value in the Special Justice League card?
There is no stored value in the card.
6. What will happen to the money in the old card?
The remaining value in the old ez-link card will be transferred to the new ez-link card.
7. How much time do I have to get my card during this campaign? Will there definitely be stock available?
To avoid disappointment, you are encouraged to get your new card at your earliest convenience. The designs of the Special Justice League cards are based on a first come first served basis and is while stocks last.
8. How will EZ-Link be updating on the availability of stocks at the different venues?
9. What happens to the old ez-link card? Can I keep it?
Remaining value in your card will be transferred to the new card. Your old ez-link card will be disabled and returned to you.
10. I have an ez-link card that expires before 31 December 2017 but I do not wish to get a new card. Can I just get the remaining funds out from my card?
Yes, you can visit any TransitLink Ticket Office to get a refund.
11. What if I am a current EZ-Link ‘Activate!’ or Travel Smart Rewards member?
12. Can my new Special Justice League card be used as a concession pass?
No, your new ez-link card cannot be used as a concession pass, as they are Adult Anonymous cards issued by EZ-Link. Concession cards are issued by LTA, not by EZ-Link.
13. Do I qualify for this campaign if I am an EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) Customer?
If you are currently an EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) customer using credit card or GIRO, you are highly encouraged to get your Special Justice League card and apply EZ-Reload (ATU) on it again.
14. What will happen to my travel rebates on the old ez-link card?
Travel rebates are tied to the ez-link card and are applicable only within a certain travel period. For more information on the rebates, please visit: www.publictransport.sg/content/publictransport/en/homepage/CommutersGuide/fares_ticketing.html.
(E) Refund Service Charge
1. What is the Refund Service Charge?
From 1st November 2016, ez-link cards that have expired for more than 2 years will be imposed a monthly Refund Service Charge of $1. This charge is for EZ-Link to maintain ez-link card accounts which have expired.
2. How do I check for my ez-link card expiry?
You can check your ez-link card expiry at https://customer.ezlink.com.sg/CustomerPortal/Check-Card-Expiry/ or at the channels below:
3. What happens if my ez-link card is expiring?
All Adult ez-link cards that are expiring in the calendar year will qualify for a subsidized replacement ez-link card at $3.
This applies to all ez-link cards with the exception of EZ-Link NFC SIMs and corporate cards/passes. Holders of such SIMs and/or corporate cards are encouraged to approach your issuing organizations for an exchange/refund of your expiring/expired ez-link cards.
4. What happens if my ez-link card has expired?
Expired ez-link cards will still qualify for a subsidized replacement ez-link card at $3 and if your ez-link card has expired for more than 2 years, a $1 Refund Service Charge will be imposed every month.
5. Can I choose to refund my ez-link card that has expired for more than 2 years?
Yes, you can have the remaining value in your expired ez-link card transferred to another active ez-link card.
6. Can I have a refund of my ez-link card that has expired for more than 2 years if I do not want the subsidized card and am not holding on to another ez-link card?
No, you can only purchase a subsidized ez-link card or transfer the remaining value to another active ez-link card.
7. What if my ez-link card is on EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up)?
EZ-Link cards on EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) will be automatically terminated from the service after 2 years from card expiry. You will still be eligible to purchase the subsidized card at $3.
8. What are my options if I do not wish to be chared the Refund Service Charge?
You are encouraged to exchange your expired ez-link card for the subsidized ez-link cards at $3 as soon as possible. Card design is subject to changes and on a while stocks last basis.
9. Will I be reminded about my ez-link card expiry?
If you are a registered customer of our ‘Activate!’ programme or if your ez-link card has been tagged to ‘My EZ-Link Mobile’ mobile app, you will be receiving notifications from EZ-Link prior to your ez-link card expiry via email or in-app notification.
10. How do I check the remaining value in my ez-link card if it has expired?
You can check your ez-link card expiry at https://customer.ezlink.com.sg/CustomerPortal/Check-Card-Expiry/. You may also sign up for the ‘Activate!’ programme and check your remaining card balance and transaction history at the portal.
11. What happens if I do not wish to get the subsidized card at $3 and to keep my expired ez-link card?
From 1st November 2016, the monthly Refund Service Charge of $1 will apply and this will be deducted from your expired ez-link card’s remaining stored value till the value in the card has been depleted.
12. How will the Refund Service Charge be deducted from my ez-link card?
The monthly Refund Service Charge of $1 will be deducted from any remaining stored value in your ez-link card account. It will take effect from 1st November 2016 and thereafter on the first day of each subsequent month, so long as your expired ez-link card remains un-refunded.
13. What happens if I have insufficient funds in expired ez-link card for the $1 Refund Service Charge?
Once the remaining stored value is depleted, the ez-link card account will close as there will not be any available balance for refund.
1. Who should I contact if I have more questions about the campaign?
For enquiries on the campaign, members of the public can call EZ-Link’s customer service hotline at 6496 8300. Operational hours are from Monday-Sunday, 8am to 6pm, excluding Public Holidays.
Alternatively, please email all queries to email@example.com.